1. Members shall follow the principles of the United States Tang Soo Do, Inc.
Tang Soo Do is a classical martial art and not a sport. It is not a game to be played solely for the sake of winning, but rather a physical and intellectual activity designed to foster physical, mental and spiritual health.
As a classical martial art, Tang Soo Do aims to develop and expresses the individual’s true self, not the false self of glorification.
The major focus is on self-development. Competition by groups or individuals is of minor usefulness in realizing individual potential.
Every practitioner of Tang Soo Do must do his/her utmost to retain the purity of this art and not debase it in any way.
Man is at his best when helping others; at his worst when competing with others.
Every member shall:
- Seek truth
- Work at developing his/her highest moral character
- Strive for humility
- Love his / her country
- Sacrifice himself / herself for justice
- Contribute by example to the acceptance of the World Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do Federation as the most genuine of the martial arts
- Develop his/her endurance
- Value confidence and peace of mind
2. Dues and Fees:
Members of United States Tang Soo Do must keep dues and charges current.
3. Set the example:
Members shall conduct themselves at all times as an example of what a proper martial artist should be. It is a responsibility that members shall bear seriously and proudly!